Particulate filter cleaning
What is a diesel particulate filter (DPF)?
A Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) or soot filter captures the soot emissions of a diesel engine to reduce carbon emissions from diesel cars. It is a compulsory piece of the diesel engine and is illegal to remove and costly to replace. If there is a defect or if the particulate filter does not work properly, clean it with a DPF cleaning additive first. Using additives as a preventative measure can help stop the particulate filter from breaking down prematurely and costly repairs from having to be carried out.
- Diesel DPF ReGen Plus 250ml / J02200
- Diesel DPF Cleaner 375ml / J02210
- DPF Cleaner HD 1000ml / J02215
- JLM Diesel DPF Spray 400ml / J02220
- JLM Diesel DPF Cleaning & Flush Fluidpack 1500ml & 500ml / J02230
- JLM Diesel DPF Cleaning Toolkit J02250
- JLM DPF Cleaning Probe J02256
- JLM Diesel DPF Refill Fluid 1000ml / J02260
- Diesel DPF Refill Kit J02270
- Diesel Injector Cleaner 250ml / J02320
Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning
What happens if your diesel particulate filter is blocked?
Soot accumulates in the filter and is regularly regenerated through combustion. To regenerate, the engine and the soot filter must be hot. If the vehicle often makes short trips, the filter does not become hot enough and soot is not regenerated which blocks the DPF.
If the diesel particulate filter does not function properly, a car will not pass its MOT. This is where our powerful diesel particulate filter cleaning comes into play. DPF cleaning additives such as JLM Diesel DPF Cleaner and JLM Diesel DPF Cleaning & Flush Fluid Pack clean contaminated soot filters and keep properly functioning diesel particulate filters clean.
Types of JLM diesel particulate filter cleaning solutions
DPF cleaning additives
- Quick to implement
- Easy to use
- Simply add to the diesel fuel tank
- Try our JLM Diesel DPF Cleaner
DPF cleaning spray
- Removes heavy build-up of soot
- Effective implementation
- Apply to the exhaust system
- Explore our JLM Diesel DPF Spray
DPF cleaning tools
- Enhanced cleaning power
- Avoid mess - better precision
- Re-usable for future DPF cleaning
- Explore our JLM Diesel DPF Cleaning Toolkit and JLM DPF Cleaning Probe
How to use DPF cleaner
Diesel particulate filter cleaning is straightforward; check out our simple video guide on how to use DPF cleaning additives. With the right JLM DPF cleaner you’ll be well-equipped to service your diesel particulate filter in no time.