Particulate filter cleaning
A Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) or soot filter captures the soot emissions of a diesel engine. Soot accumulates in the filter and is regularly regenerated through combustion. To regenerate, the engine and the soot filter must be hot. If the vehicle often makes short trips, the filter is does not become hot enough and soot is not regenerated. JLM soot filter additives clean contaminated soot filters and keep properly functioning soot filters clean.
- JLM Diesel DPF ReGen Plus 250ml / J02200
- JLM Diesel DPF Cleaner 375ml / J02210
- JLM Diesel DPF Cleaner Heavy Duty 1000ml / J02215
- JLM Diesel DPF Spray 400ml / J02220
- JLM Diesel DPF Cleaning & Flush Fluidpack 1500ml & 500ml / J02230
- JLM Diesel DPF Cleaning Toolkit J02250
- JLM DPF Cleaning Probe J02256
- JLM Diesel DPF Refill Fluid 1000ml / J02260
- JLM Diesel DPF Refill Kit J02270
- JLM Diesel Injector Cleaner 250ml / J02320
- JLM Multi Spray 400ml / J04200
The diesel particulate filter (DPF) is one of the most expensive and sensitive components in the exhaust system of an internal combustion engine. If the diesel particulate filter is inoperative or does not function properly, a car will not pass its MOT. In many cases, the old filter is then replaced by a new or used one.
If there is a defect or if the particulate filter does not work properly, JLM Lubricants recommends first cleaning it with an additive. In most cases, a particulate filter cleaner succeeds in getting the filter clean and working again and getting the car through the inspection. Using additives as a preventative measure can prevent the particulate filter from breaking down prematurely and costly repairs from having to be carried out.